Keto Shepherd's Pie
While there are many sweet diabetic-friendly pie recipes out there, this is surely a dish you cannot miss out on, so we just HAD to share it with you! The layers are the perfect texture combination and this will definitely become a staple in your household!
-1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6 cups)
-4 oz. cream cheese, softened
-1/4 c. heavy cream
-1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar, divided
-2 green onions, thinly sliced
-Freshly ground black pepper
-1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
-1 small yellow onion, chopped
-1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1 tbsp. tomato paste
-1 lb. ground beef
-1/2 c. low-sodium beef broth
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower florets and cook until tender, 10 minutes. Drain well, pressing with paper towels or a clean dish towel to remove as much excess water as possible.
- Return cauliflower to pot and add cream cheese. Use a potato masher to mash cauliflower until smooth. Add heavy cream, 1 cup cheddar, and half of the green onions and stir to combine. Season well with salt and pepper.
- In an oven-safe skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and carrots and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add tomato paste and stir to coat veggies. Add ground beef to skillet and using a wooden spoon to break up meat, cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add broth and simmer 2 minutes.
- Top skillet with cauliflower mash, then top with remaining ½ cup of cheddar. Bake until top is golden and cheese is melty, 20 minutes.
- Top with more green onions to serve.
Ottieni uno sconto del 5% sul tuo prossimo ordine quando ti registri oggi per gli ultimi consigli, ricerche e offerte esclusive