Keto Shepherd's Pie
This week “National Pie Day” came around and we know what you’re thinking.. Apple, Pumpkin, Blueberry. But, we wanted to take the salty route, because if you ask us, salty and sweet are equally as important on National Pie Day. And while there are many sweet diabetic-friendly pie recipes out there, this is surely a dish you cannot miss out on, so we just HAD to share it with you!
-1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6 cups)
-4 oz. cream cheese, softened
-1/4 c. heavy cream
-1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar, divided
-2 green onions, thinly sliced
-Freshly ground black pepper
-1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
-1 small yellow onion, chopped
-1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1 tbsp. tomato paste
-1 lb. ground beef
-1/2 c. low-sodium beef broth
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower florets and cook until tender, 10 minutes. Drain well, pressing with paper towels or a clean dish towel to remove as much excess water as possible.
- Return cauliflower to pot and add cream cheese. Use a potato masher to mash cauliflower until smooth. Add heavy cream, 1 cup cheddar, and half of the green onions and stir to combine. Season well with salt and pepper.
- In an oven-safe skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and carrots and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add tomato paste and stir to coat veggies. Add ground beef to skillet and using a wooden spoon to break up meat, cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add broth and simmer 2 minutes.
- Top skillet with cauliflower mash, then top with remaining ½ cup of cheddar. Bake until top is golden and cheese is melty, 20 minutes.
- Top with more green onions to serve.
Ottieni uno sconto del 5% sul tuo prossimo ordine quando ti registri oggi per gli ultimi consigli, ricerche e offerte esclusive