Build Your Holiday Menu with CuraFood
Hosting a Holiday Dinner can be stressful within itself. There are tons of details to worry about! Table setting, decorations, will people like my food? We understand the stress, but also the pleasures of hosting! We wanted to create a holiday dinner menu that will leave you as stress free as possible, with maximum flavors. Guaranteed delicious recipes that you CAN eat from A-Z all created through our CuraFood recipes! Healthy, festive, fun! Let's do this!
First on the menu, we have a delicious and fresh starter:
Mango Avocado Salad
-1 green oak lettuce, torn into small pieces
-1 large avocado, diced
-1 large mango, diced
-2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
-2 tablespoons dried cranberries
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Combine lettuce, avocado, mango, almonds and cranberries in a bowl
- Whisk oil and vinegar together in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over lettuce mixture. Toss to combine. Serve.
- There you have it, officially the easiest, tastiest salad!
Next on the list, we have a delicious and warm pumpkin soup. The perfect pairing with any holiday menu! Yummy!
-1 medium (1 medium) onion diced
-1 tsp (1 tsp) ginger crushed
-1 tsp (1 tsp) garlic crushed
-55 g (1/2 stick) butter
-500 g (1 lb) pumpkin chunks
-500 ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
-400 ml (1 2/3 cups) coconut cream
-salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker dish. Mix.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours OR Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Puree until smooth using a stick/immersion blender using the bald attachment. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Garnish with coconut cream.
Now, on to the main course! Did you miss our Thanksgiving Turkey recipe?! Ok, you’re off the hook because you have another chance to make this mouth watering, juicy and buttery deliciousness! Holiday Turkey’s are the best for many reasons...We will list a few: They’re pretty, they’re the perfect main course for lunch or dinner, and last but not least, they make the best leftovers! Let’s do this!
LOW CARB GARLIC BUTTER ROAST TURKEY
-One 12-14 pound whole turkey giblets + neck removed, rinsed + patted dry
-6 fresh sage leaves divided
-5 fresh thyme sprigs divided
-2 sprigs fresh rosemary
-3 medium onions cut into wedges
-5 medium carrots cut into 2" inch pieces
-4 celery ribs cut into 2" inch pieces
-1 lemon halved
-4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
Garlic Herb Butter:
-3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
-1-1/2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
-1-1/2 Tablespoons chopped fresh sage
-1-1/2 Tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
-1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
-5 cloves garlic minced
-2-3 teaspoons sea salt
- If your turkey is frozen, allow 2 to 3 days for it to fully defrost in the refrigerator. Remove giblets & neck, rinse & pat dry.
- To make the butter: In a medium bowl, combine butter, rosemary, sage, thyme, parsley, garlic, salt, and black pepper and stir together until smooth and combined.
- Carefully loosen the skin from the turkey breast with your hands lifting and separating the meat. Do the same for the neck as well as the thighs and legs. Gently rub half of the butter under the skin using your hands and fingers and place 3 sage leaves and 2 thyme sprigs under the skin. Tie the legs together and tuck the wings underneath the turkey, using small skewers to secure, if necessary.
- Place 1/3 of the onions, celery, carrots, 2 sage leaves, 2 thyme sprigs, 1 rosemary sprig and lemon halves inside the cavity of the turkey. Place turkey, breast side up in a large roasting pan. Melt the remaining butter in the microwave and brush an even layer over the skin of the turkey. Arrange remaining carrots, celery and herbs in the pan around the turkey. Pour chicken broth to the bottom of the pan (will be using liquid to baste turkey).
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and position the rack on the lower third of the oven. Once the oven is ready, place the roasting pan in the oven and cook for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and continue to roast until a meat thermometer (inserted deep into the thigh but away from the bone) reads 180°F and juices in the thigh run clear when pierced with a fork, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours (or longer depending on your oven), basting with pan broth & drippings every 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Remove turkey from the pan and onto a baking sheet and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Strain and reserve pan juices for gravy!
Last, and of course…..not least. DESSERT TIME. Now, this is where it gets tricky for diabetics. But, since you’re the host, you do not need to worry! You CAN indulge in the holiday sweets because you know exactly what went into the recipe! Plus, you’ve been cooking all day so you definitely deserve to enjoy it!
Low Calorie Creamy Cheesecake
Grapeseed oil cooking spray
1 pinch salt
½ cup plus 2 tbsp Granulated no-calorie sweetener
1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
3 cups low-fat cream cheese
½ tsp grated fresh lemon zest
⅓ cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 200/400° C/F.
2) Line bottom of a 9" springform pan with baking paper. Lightly coat paper and sides of pan with cooking spray.
3) Separate eggs (keep 3 yolks and discard 4 yolks), then set aside.
4) In a small bowl, beat egg whites and salt with mixer, then set aside.
5) In separate bowl, beat ½ cup of the sweetener and add 3 egg yolks until thick, then add the lemon juice.
6) With mixer on low-medium setting, beat in cream cheese.
7) Add grated lemon peel and mix.
8) Gently fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture.
9) Pour mixture into pan.
10) Bake 10 minutes at 400°F. Reduce temperature to 300°F and bake for another 40 minutes. When the top of the cake is set, turn the oven off and allow to cool for another hour in the oven.
11) Remove and continue to cool on a wire rack.
There you have it, a tasty, healthy and hearty holiday menu. Good for lunch, dinner and leftovers. Everything you need from ingredients to directions is all right here. Don't fret or stress what you will be eating for the holiday season, we've got your back! If you are not the host this year, feel confident in bringing any one of these recipes that everyone will love and enjoy!
Ottieni uno sconto del 5% sul tuo prossimo ordine quando ti registri oggi per gli ultimi consigli, ricerche e offerte esclusive