Not only does this recipe satisfy your cravings for real sushi, it is also fun to make. Whether you have a romantic evening planned or a family fun dinner, this healthy keto sushi is definitely a fan favorite. The flavors are great, and you don’t feel guilty about having one too many pieces...now what’s not to love? Creating diabetic friendly recipes does not have to be boring. We will continue to provide healthy, flavorful and colorful dishes for you and your family to enjoy. After all, who doesn't like eating every color of the rainbow in their food? If you make this keto sushi, send us a picture! We would love to see you try it! Servings: 3 servings of Keto sushi (5 rolls)
16 oz. Cauliflower
6 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1-2 tbsp. Rice Vinegar (unseasoned)
-1 tbsp. Soy Sauce (or coconut aminos)
5 sheets Nori
1 6-inch Cucumber
- ½ medium avocado
- 5 oz. smoked salmon (or any seafood)
Nutrition Facts: Each serving is just over 1 ½ rolls KCal: 353 Fat: 25.7g Carbohydrates: 5.7g Protein: 18.3g
- Using a food processor, rice the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces by pulsing. Do in smaller batches to ensure consistency.
- Slice the cucumber on each end, then place the cucumber upright and slice off each side. Get rid of the middle and slice about 2 side pieces into small strips. Set aside in the fridge.
- In a very hot pan, add cauliflower rice and cook. Season with soy sauce as the cooking process happens, about 1 tbsp.
- Once the cauliflower is finished up and dried out some, add to a bowl with cream cheese and rice vinegar (1-2 tbsp. depending on how seasoned you want it to taste). Mix together well and set in the fridge until cool.
- Once the rice mixture is cooled, slice 1/2 an avocado into small strips.
- Put a Nori sheet down on a bamboo roller covered with saran wrap (this helps with sticking). Spread some of the cauliflower rice mixture over the Nori sheet, leaving about 3/4 inches of space at the top. Make sure this is quite a thin layer.
- Place all of the filling items into the sushi roll, layering whichever flavors you want.
- Roll sushi tightly using bamboo.
- Serve and enjoy! Feel free to pair with pickled ginger, wasabi, or a healthy spicy mayo!